Job ID: M21-___
Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 /hour
SOS-STI develops and manufactures innovative sand separating solutions for the oil and gas industry world-wide. The Company Headquarters is in Spring, Texas with its manufacturing facilities located in Mason in the Texas Hill Country.
We are currently seeking a skilled welder / fabricator to work at our facility in Mason, Texas fabricating large oilfield equipment and parts.
The individual will work under the direction of the Forman or lead welder and is responsible for fitting and joining, fabricating, and repairing metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and product schedules. Responsible for equipment maintenance.
- Perform welding duties using a wire welder.
- Weld metal and other weldable material components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
- Work with fitters or fitters/welders to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
- Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the job’s needs.
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, blueprints, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs notify supervisor/lead or maintenance department.
- Desire to grow, learn and become efficient in painting techniques, meet company productivity rates.
Required Education / Experience/ Skills:
- Vocational, high school diploma, or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 2 years’ experience welding heavy equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, work instructions and design plans.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Good color vision & aesthetics.
- Physical strength, stamina and dexterity.
- Ability to lift / move 50 pounds.
- 3+ yrs. Experience heavy equipment welding with some oilfield equipment experience.
- Experience welding aluminum.
- Knowledge of safety equipment use and maintenance.
- Time management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule.
- Health insurance
- Dental / Vision Insurance
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off
- Student loan re-payment assistance
- firstname.lastname@example.org – please reference in the Job-ID and job title in the subject line
- SOS-STI.com – go the “Careers”
- Call _____________ (Main Mason #)