Pay Rate: $18 - $21/ hr.
A Welder / Fabricator is responsible for fitting and joining, fabricating, and repairing metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and product schedules.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Perform welding duties using a wire welder.
- Weld metal and other weldable material components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
- Work with fitters or fitters/welders to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
- Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the job’s needs.
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specification
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, blueprints, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs notify supervisor/lead or maintenance department.
- Desire to grow, learn and become efficient in painting techniques, meet company productivity rates.
- Comply with all safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
Educational / Experience:
- Vocational Certificate, high school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in industrial painting with spray guns on surfaces such as carbon steel, aluminum, stainless steel.
- Measurement and blueprint reading skills
- Working knowledge of welding equipment such as torches, torch tips, filler rods, flux, hoses, valves, and gas cylinders.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems.
- Physical strength, stamina and dexterity stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arm, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Good color vision., close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift / move 50 pounds.
- While performing the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, sit, climb, balance, stoop, and talk or hear.
- Ability to tolerate moderate noise level.
Aluminum and other weldable material and heavy equipment manufacturing experience
E-mail: Info@SOS-STI.com or call 325-347-5028.
SOS Sand Technology, Inc. 1767 E. Hwy 29, Mason, TX 76856