Pay Rate: $18 - $20 / hr.
Painters will apply paint and other coatings to a variety of materials to large and small component parts for fabricated equipment. Duties include, preparing the work surfaces to be painted, mixing supplied coating materials, primers and paint according to specifications, spraying a variety of paint types on surfaces such as carbon steel and aluminum and obtaining proper consistency of painting surfaces and final touch-ups. Responsible for equipment maintenance, keeping the work area safe and clean, cleaning and complying with safety rules.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Mixing coating paints per instructions and prepare spraying equipment for use.
- Willingness to work with minimum and to be a self-starter.
- Ability to read technical documents such as paint mixing procedures and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Cleaning spraying equipment with solvent or other recommended cleaning solutions daily.
- Maintaining paint mixing area and paint booths according to specified safety requirements.
- Will work with fabricators in shop by moving, cutting, grinding and sanding structural steel.
- Operating the blaster to clean steel according to specified safety requirements.
- Run band saw, sander, grinder and cutting wheel.
- Read tape measure.
- Desire to grow, learn and become efficient in painting techniques, meet company productivity rates.
- Comply with all safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
Required Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
Educational / Experience:
- Vocational Certificate, high school diploma or equivalent
- 1 years’ experience preferred in industrial painting with spray guns on surfaces such as carbon steel, aluminum, stainless steel.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems.
- Physical strength, stamina and dexterity to withstand extended time in appropriate paint protective wear
- Ability to work in confined spaces for extended periods of time.
- Good color vision., close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift / move 50 pounds.
- While performing the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, operate a spray gun, reach with hands and arms, sit, climb, balance, stoop, and talk or hear.
- Ability to tolerate moderate noise level.
1-3 years’ experience preferred in industrial painting with spray guns on surfaces such as carbon
E-mail: Info@SOS-STI.com or call 325-347-5028.
SOS Sand Technology, Inc. 1767 E. Hwy 29, Mason, TX 76856